Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Of No More Wasted Emotions

I think I've finally come to a place where I can look and say "No."
No more. No more frustration over you and what you won't do.
{Interesting that this came close to my other blog, about forgiving myself. I guess healing and self analysis come hand-in-hand.}
While talking a situation over with a friend, this wise person told me that "he is not worth the time and energy that I was giving him." She was right.
Why do we let ourselves get wrapped up in one thing? As girls, I think it's easy to latch onto a guy, thinking that he's our last chance. There won't be another one.
It's not true.
I like to watch TV shows {crime shows are my favorite} and there was one episode of a show, I don't remember what, where a woman is agonizing over the thought of having lost her one chance at love. That it wouldn't come around agian.
Her friend pointed out that love comes around all the time.
And, as the case usually is, it always hits us when we're least expecting it.
For me, it usually hits when I least want it.
Not neccessarily "love," but that one person steps into your life and, for that time, you wonder how you ever fully lived without them.

I think it's easy to get wrapped up in what once was or what could be. There have been so many times that I've looked a guy and thought "it could never get better than this. I will never find anyone who gets me like this again."

I grew up believing in soul-mates.
Now, I think that, if two people love each other enough, they will make it work out. They will stay together no matter what.

I guess what I'm saying- no more wasted energy and emotion on what once was or what could be.
It's life. We just have to live.
Our hand in our Father's. Ultimately, it's His love that matters anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment